Looking to participate in the Chicago River Swim on land rather than water? You can still make a difference as a volunteer!
Benefits of volunteering for the Chicago River Swim:
- Participate in the first Chicago River Swim in almost 100 years (can you say making history?!)
- Support special causes in a unique way
- Have the best view of this amazing swim
- Receive a special volunteer lunch during the event
- Chicago River Swim gear
Things to Note:
- Must be 18 years of age to volunteer
- It is possible that we do not place you on your preferred position because this function is, for example, overloaded. We do our best to take this into account as much as possible.
- Be aware that as a participant you are not always able to be present at all locations of the event. For example, if you are at the start, you will not experience the finish.
Ways to Volunteer:
- Hospitality – do you welcome everyone with a big smile and do you enjoy answering all kinds of different questions from participants and visitors? Then this is for you!
- Finish supervisor – there they are, the hard swimmers. They made it to the finish. What a discharge. Do you make sure that they come out of the water safely and can rest for a while afterwards?
- Supervisor – do you like to keep an eye on things? Then come and help as a supervisor.
- Catering – do you like to provide people with a cold or hot drink and a tasty snack? Then this is your calling.
- Runner – would you rather be deployed on different functions? Then the position as a runner is perfect, because then you will be deployed wherever help is needed.
- First aider – are you a caring type and do you enjoy receiving people and providing help with minor accidents? Then join the first aid team. These are minor matters and you are not required to have a first aid certificate in your pocket.